Top 6 Gardening Goals For The New Year
As we ring in the New Year, it’s important to think about our goals and resolutions for the coming months. Gardening is a great hobby that can bring joy and satisfaction to your life, so why not make some gardening-related resolutions this year? Here are a few ideas:
1. Get organized – Start by making a plan of what you want your garden to look like this season. This will help you stay on track throughout the growing season and ensure that all tasks get done in time.
2. Expand your knowledge – Whether it’s reading up on different plant varieties or attending workshops at local nurseries, there is always something new to learn when it comes to gardening! Make an effort this year to broaden your horizons with regards plants & techniques used in gardens around the world. I give several talks a year at Homes Shows that are free to the public. This is a great place to learn and network with newbies and seasoned gardeners.
3. Grow grass – Get your mind out of the gutter you pot head, we’re talking turf, lawn – the good stuff. It increases your property value, it’s natures air conditioner, it’s a filter for ground water and it works harder than trees giving oxygen for you and I to breathe!
4. Get creative - Don't be afraid experiment with different types of containers or unusual combinations of flowers/plants! A unique design could turn out amazing results (or even become an inspiration piece, so don't shy away from trying something daring!
5. Plant a garden – Let’s face it we live in uncertain times. If you can grow food just think what you could do in perilous times! All you need is 8 hours of sunlight, a patch of ground or even containers. Start small then when you get the hang of it you can expand.
6. Have fun - Above all else, remember that gardening should be enjoyable activity; take time out each week just relax among nature's beauty while creating something beautiful yourself ! So here's wishing everyone happy digging into 2023!
Don’t forget, if you have a gardening question call NICK. Really, call 1-800-405-NICK (6425).
Leave a Reply.